Friday, November 5, 2010

When all has Been said and Done

I have been attending a Church here in town for the past 3-4 years. A church I have come to love and be blessed by the teaching, the families and people who attend this church. My decision to stay in Jonesboro, was based around staying in a place that teaches the word. Here recently a lovely lady, Nellie Baducous passed away this past weekend. She had been struggling for so long with different illnesses such as cancer and several different things. But my post is to Praise God for even letting her be apart of my life. She was a spunky lady, who always told people how it was regardless of how it made you feel. "An open rebuke is better than Hidden Love." Proverbs 27:5 Her Wisdom and Love for the Lord was contagious. You could not be around her and not smile and laugh and even the stories of her in her last days of Life, with all her pain she was still sharing the Love of Christ even as she laied in a hospital bed. In her last few months of her life  stories where shared of how a nurse could not wait to see her, he took an hour out of his day to come see this precious lady. Thursday nights are vocal rehearsals for one of the praise and worship groups that I sing with. With Nelly's Funeral coming up, our praise team had the pleasure to sing at her funeral. Nellie's husband Art of 53 years had several different songs that Nellie had always loved.
One of the songs that was chosen is called "When all has been said and done".....

After listening to this song and thinking about the words, it left me in tears!
     * There is just one thing that matters....Did I do my best to live for Truth? Did I live my Life for you?
   I am 23 years old and I can't even fathom what is going to happen in my life, will I be married, get to have children, will I work? Where and what would that be? When I think about these things they seem like the least of my problems, but it is something that I desire a lot. To be a wife, a mother, and be able to minister to my children and watch them grow up, and pray has that they would come to know the Lord. To serve my husband and encourage him, all the while looking to Christ because he is the founder and protector of my faith. I want to be able to look back on my life and say YES I lived for Truth and I did Live my Life for God! Nellie was a woman who did glorify God in every aspect of her life, and my Prayer is that one day that would be me, that I would continue to live a life sold out to God and be the Godly woman described in Provers 31. Nellie was an excellent wife to her husband, Art trusted in her, she did good, she sought out the wisdom of the Lord. She was a woman of strength, but never of her own, and her faith was her life!

Colossians 1:9-10....."So we have no stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of Good fruit. All the while you grow as you learn to know God better and better."

When it has all been said and done, there is just one thing that matters. Did i do my best to live for truth, Did I live my life for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment